I made this chicken pie for dinner. I am not one of those Chinese who maintain the tradition of fish, meat, vegetables and soup aka the 3 dishes and one soup per meal type. Maybe I have been in UK too long. Tonight’s dinner – a pie and beer is all we need. Chicken and leek pie.
Please feel free to add in anything you like to your pie.
Chicken & Leek pie
- 1 250 g puff pastry shop bought
- 50 g butter
- 1 large white onion
- 300 g baby leeks slice thinly
- 2 chicken breasts slice thinly
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 200 g mix vegetables carrots, garden peas and sweetcorns
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche or double cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard grains
- 1 tbsp roux plain flour + butter mix
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 cup grated matured cheddar + Parmesan mix
- 1 beaten egg
- Fry leeks, onions and garlic in butter till soften and add in sliced chicken breasts.
- Next add in the mushroom and your vegetables, the white wine and chicken stock. Bring to boil and add in the cream and Dijon mustard seeds.
- Thicken with roux. Season well. Turn off the heat and then add in lemon juice and grated cheese. Wait till cool down then assemble your pie.
- Fill your pie dishes. Roll out and cut your pastry to cover the top of your pie dishes.