And so the journey of the torch ginger Bunga Kantan continues.
This time it is bitter gourd or peria in local Malaysian dialect. I can eat this alone like salads. It’s very nice with lettuce serve like lettuce wraps.
Kerabu Peria salads
- 2 tbsp minced torch ginger
- 1 minced large onions or 2 small onions
- 3 – 4 cloves minced garlic
- 100 g dried shrimps
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 1 medium size bitter gourd sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- salt & sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- crispy garlic and shallots
- mix lettuce or little gem lettuce
- Fry the blended ingredients – torch ginger flowers, onions, garlic, soaked and pounded dried shrimps and chillies. When fragrant turn heat off.
- Add the thinly sliced bitter gourds that I have marinated with a pinch of salt sugar and vinegar. Give it a good mix.
- Add in crispy garlic and onions – Serve on top of mix lettuce leaves, eat and sigh in bliss
Note – this is a nice dish just served on top of fresh lettuce. You can add extra chilli sauce on top. TIP – For a posh serve you can add proteins like prawns or squids.