The hubby has been indulging in too much glutinous rice dumpling (zongzi) last week so these few days he must eat less carbohydrates.
Today he has monkfish tail wrapped in bacon blanket with lots of salads from my graden.
This is an easy dish so am writing out so everyone can try.
Place your monk fish on top of streaky bacon resting on a bed of fresh fennel.
TIP – Clean off the sinew from the monk fish (if you do not have monk fish any firm white fish will do)
TIP – Fennel and fish goes hand in hand and compliment each other. If you do not have fennel just use blanched spinach
TIP – Use the back of knife to stretch the bacon out.
Monkfish tail in a bacon blanket
- 1 Monkfish tail
- few Streaky bacon
- salt & pepper
- Assorted salad leaves
- Fresh fennel fronds
- Place the cleaned monkfish tail on top of some fresh fennel fronds.
- Lay enough strips of bacon to wrap around the monkfish tail, tucking them in snugly like a blanket.
- Wrap the monkfish (look at pics)
- Fry the monkfish seam side down first for a minute then add in some butter.
- Flip the monkfish about to sear all the sides.
- Place into a 180C oven for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of your fish.