Champagne poached lemon sole fillets – decided to cook this for hubby’s lunch. I used champagne because I did not have any white wine at home. For some reason white wine and I do not get on. It gives me a headache! So I never buy them. I do get the odd bottle as gifts.
This is a very easy dish and I have been asked to do a ‘proper’ post and not just on Facebook, so here it is.
My sole fillets are served with asparagus bunch. Just wrapped the fillets around the asparagus and then into the oven 190 C for literally 15 minutes of so.
Champagne poached lemon sole fillets
- Lemon sole
- Frozen peas
- Chicken Stock
- salt and Pepper
- First you filet the sole and make your sauce. Remove all the head and bone, vegetables trimming and add to a pot and fry with a touch of butter. When brown add in a full cup of chicken or fish stock and let it boil down to half a cup.
- Then add in a full cup of champagne. Let it boil down to half and season with salt & pepper.
- Add in a beaten egg white. The egg whites will traps any impurities. Sieve the stock and use that as your poaching liquid. Please refer to pics below.
- Boil the peas with chicken stock and a touch of butter and blend to make puree. You can also add in some champagne if desired.
- Serve with vegetables of your choice.