When I lost my old blog this dish is one that I missed the most. I promised myself I must put this recipe back onto my blog but I have been a bit lazy due to the Chinese new Year celebrations.
This is also the dish that made my very British husband fell totally in love with spinach and I often only need to serve him this one dish and plain boiled rice. He often tell me don’t cook other dishes if I cook this one. Funny mat Salleh!
Recently I was chatting with a friend and she requested this recipe of mine so I cooked it the other day and took some pics.
Boozy Adult Spinach – Special
- Baby Spinach
- 2 tbsp Oil (shallot oil)
- 3 tbsp Julienne Ginger fry till crispy set aside
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 600 g Minced Pork
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups Sherry
- Cornstarch + water
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- handful Crispy Shallots
- Fry the Julienne Ginger with the shallot oil till crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In the same oil fry the garlic, shallots and followed by the minced pork well.
- Season with salt & pepper, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- I used half a bottle of sweet sherry but 2 cup will do. (Optional)
- Thicken the sauce by adding your cornstarch+ water slurry
- Lastly add in your spinach and turn heat off.
- Add in another drizzle of sherry and sesame oil just before dishing.
- Topped with your fried julienne ginger and crispy shallots.