Hubby always order salmon fried rice if we go to a sushi restaurant. We have been eating out lately and he had ordered this twice.
Today I have decided to cook this dish for his lunch as I have some salmon fillets in my freezer. Last night I took the fillets out and placed them to defrost in the fridge. They were just right this afternoon for cooking.
I used my home grown spring onions which I have reseeded and I will never need to buy spring onions for another year! Love my little kitchen garden.
I have also used my home grown Trinadad Moruga Scorpion. Just one for the whole wok and my goodness, it’s the spiciest chilli I have ever eaten in my life of which I lived half a century thus far! As soon as I cut it I can ‘smell’ it.
Tip – Oil the hand that you use to handle the chilli if you are like me and don’t like using gloves.
TIP – Don’t cube your salmon into too big chunks (optional) as I like to match them to my rice.
Salmon Fried Rice
- 2 Salmon fillets cubed
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- Spring onion chopped
- 3 nos Eggs lightly beaten
- Overnight boiled rice
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil or other
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli (optional)
- In a hot wok fry your garlic and salmon cubes for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok fry your rice and add in your sesame oil.
- Then add in the beaten eggs and stir well coating each grain of rice.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in your readied salmon and give the rice a quick stir. Some of the salmon might break up but it's ok.
- Turn the heat off before you add in your chopped chillies and spring onions.
- TA DA – Serve