SousVide Beef brisket steak (28 hours), roasted banana shallots, creamy butternut squash, buttered asparagus, pickled roasted red peppers served with a red wine mushroom sauce.
I promised my boy lollipop that he will be getting only English food this week. Hence my SousVide machine has come out to play. I bought some beef brisket as they looked very nice and I do not mind beef brisket cooked SousVide as they are quite a tasty cut. However cooked normally it could be quite tough. This beef brisket steaks were about 3 cm thick but when SousVide at 140F for 28 hours they were really tasty and tender.
SousVide Beef Brisket Steaks in mushroom red wine jus
- beef brisket
- Mushroom Red Wine Jus
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp mince shallots
- 1 tsp mince garlic
- 1 pkt brown chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Roux mic butter & flour equal amount
- 1 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- Butternut Squash Puree
- peeled and cubed butternut
Mushrooms Red Wine Jus
- Melt butter and add in the chopped shallots and garlic. when fragrant add in the mushrooms
- Add in the red wine. Reduce to half by boiling before adding the beef stock.
- After adding the beef stock let it reduced to half by boiling.
- Add the roux slowly and stir till it reach the consistence you want.
- When done, add in any excess juice from your beef SousVide and a slice of butter for a glossy jus.
Butternut Squash Puree
- Preheat oven to 200 C/Gas 6. Place squash on a baking tray and drizzle with melted butter. Roast in the preheated oven until tender and slightly brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool until easily handled. Scoop flesh into a food processor; pulse until smooth. I put into a pipping bag to pipe on plate,
- Just blanch in hot water and just laced with butter.