Daughter came home form work the other day with 2 huge loaves of brioches and I was wondering what to do with them. Today I decided to make bread and butter pudding AGAIN!
However I have decided it is going to be a bread and butter pudding with a different – a Bailey bread and butter pudding. Adult version of bread and butter pudding. Served with real vanilla bean custard. Happy bellies.
Bailey Bread and Butter pudding
- 1 load Brioche bread
- apricot jam
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup bailey
- 1 – 1½ cup single or double cream
- ½ tsp cane sugar
- Butter and spread jam onto the bread. Then arrange the slices onto your baking dish.
- Beat the eggs mixture. Add in the vanilla extract, bailey and cream.
- Pour the mixture all over the prepared buttered bread and let it soak. At this stage you can let it soak overnight covered with cling film in the fridge overnight.
- Bake in oven 180C for 35 to 40 minutes. It is better to serve warm.
- Optional – You can soak raisins with rum overnight and add to your bread and butter pudding. Normally raisins are added but my husband do not like raisins.